To accompany the many things that congregations are doing in the current cessation of all regular gatherings of church members, the Presbyterian Church in Ireland has launched an initiative called These three remain…
While so many things have changed in recent days, we want to remind ourselves of what remains core to our expression of life in God. And so we gladly recall the words of the Apostle Paul to the Corinthian Christians in I Corinthians 13:13, ‘And now these three remain: faith, hope and love’.
The aim of the initiative is to draw congregations together in God to express his life and witness in this moment. A range of devotions, prayer points, blogs and stories are provided to encourage and equip churches and their members in these days.
Content can be found by clicking here and initially includes:
- TIDES daily devotional
- Let’s Pray weekly prayer points
- In this moment a weekly prayer in direct response to some aspect of current events
- TTR Blog reflecting on aspects of congregational life and worship in these days
- TTR Podcast (coming soon) a weekly conversation on what is happening around congregations of the Presbyterian Church in Ireland
- Links to Sunday Worship listing congregations broadcasting worship in addition to the Moderator’s weekly service
Hopefully there is something here that will be of encouragement to you and that you can share with members of church fellowship as we journey together with God through this difficult season.